Total Pageviews

Friday, November 9, 2012

Roots of Haplogroup R1b: STR111 tree

Today, I want to present the STR111 tree of haplogroup R1b, and I used the same method as before.
Due to the large number of individuals having haplogroup R1b I decided to focus only on the roots of this haplogroup. This is the biggest tree I created so far with a total of 1141 individuals.

Most of these individuals are from the UK and Ireland.

Rectangular tree of haplogroup R1b root (pdf version)
Polar tree of haplogroup R1b root (pdf version)

Next, I decided to exclude all samples with US or unknown ancestry, I ended up with 738 individuals, still a huge tree. Because of the size I still cannot use FITCH for a "fine-scale" tree but "only" NJ tree at SplitsTree.
 
Rectangular tree of haplogroup R1b root excluding samples with US or unknown ancestry (pdf version)
Polar tree of haplogroup R1b root excluding samples with US or unknown ancestry (pdf version)


Finally,  I decided to exclude all samples with US, UK, Irish or unknown ancestry, the vast majority of samples. I ended up with 103 individuals. Here, FITCH was used and showed a much better tree.

Rectangular tree of haplogroup R1b root excluding samples with US, UK, Irish or unknown ancestry (pdf version):




Polar tree of haplogroup R1b root excluding samples with US, UK, Irish or unknown ancestry (pdf version):

No comments:

Post a Comment